Friday, October 30, 2009

Inspirational blogs

I really enjoy reading the posts of my classmates. It's like I get to spend more that just 4 days a month with them! There is such a rich diversity of ideas, passions, and voices and there is always a new tidbit of information to glean from them. I've compiled a few of my favorite and quotes I've come across. I have not read every post of every student and I'm sure that this can be said for all of us. So I will share with you what I've found and perhaps give you reason to discover a new blog post.

From HipHop Namaste:

"In the mean time I am thirsty, in transition mode and stumbling around in the dark. And have happened upon a body of water with a beam of light shining from up above. I never thought to look up. Following the spiral of my soul levitation, finally I have risen to the surface to meet the reflection of myself diving into a long deep abyss into the shadows. I suppose we could call this my cyber blogosphere coming out party."

From Shibumi.net:

"We as a species have to start asking ourselves the question “how would nature solve _________?” before we start to create anything. All the answers to live in harmony with the biosphere are there – we just have to develop the capacity to observe deeply."

From Julie's Learning Journal:

"I entered this class curious how our society will reconcile the social networking phenomena with the social disconnect that pervades our streets - wondering whether we can take these opposing forces and align them toward a greater good. Whatever our personal opinion of the trends, there is no denying them nor the opportunities they present. This is much more than entertainment. And like everything else in life, if you want to make a difference, you have to take a chance."

I may make it a habit of doing posts like this because not only can it help readers discover something new and exciting it also serves as a collection of brilliant quotes.




1 comment:

  1. GREAT idea Miriam! I like seeing what strikes you, and I'm glad that you are sharing that here. I'm learning so much from everyone's blogs (both for their beat and personal learning journals.)

    I also love keeping up with everyone between intensives. Between reading each others' blogs and commenting back and forth it really helps form and strengthen relationships.

    ReplyDelete