Sunday, November 22, 2009

Overwhelmed

This feeling should be familiar to me by now. Overwhelmed. There are many days when I wish that I could focus solely on my schoolwork. I love my job but sometimes it's too much. This is one of those times. Some days I have it totally together and I'm getting everything in on time. Now is not one of those times. I still haven't done my video for this class, I'm focusing most of my attention on my team projects with both marketing and social web, and I still have to have a conversation with a tree and write about it. Yes, a tree...and it's pouring outside. I think I'll talk to my indoor ficus instead.

So, all I can do now is hold on, dive in, and work my ass off to get back on top of it all. I know I can, I've been deeper before. My main goal: never let my teammates down.

5 comments:

  1. Miriam,
    I so admire you for all that you are holding together for all of us. The work you are doing is important. I'll never forget the electricity I felt when hearing about your appointment at Fort Lewis last year. You are truly part of transforming our world and I am so grateful for it.
    I think it ok to meditate with a ficus. Young trees have things to say to us too. Kind of like children.
    And I notice that your commitment to community is unwavering, as I notice the commitment that Christopher has supported us in being to each other through these blogs. Hold on & dive in. We're here with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first reply to your post was zapped by an errant keystroke, but I wanted to say I am quite sympathetic to your plight, and am a bit overwhelmed this week myself. So maybe I should go have a conversation with and mediate under a tree myself. Just so long as it doesn't start talking back, I know that I'll be fine ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Miriam. You are not letting me down in any way shape or form. WE are all struggling. I remember last November was quite the junk show in my life and is proving to be happening again. At least this is the last time it will be happening as we are graduating this spring so I am trying to smile everyday because my connection with you and the BGI community is worth living and dying for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Miriam,
    As a former teammate, I can safely say that you are the cat's meow. Thanks for everything you bring to BGI and the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all for your encouraging words. Reason 764,302 that I love BGI: you can always count on a spirit boost! I took today off from work with some saved vacation time and am feeling better about getting my head above water.

    ReplyDelete